Monday, May 18, 2009

A Fight to get my body back after Twins...

So this may seem really lame to some of you, but i am definitely fighting to get my body back after twins. I didn't realize what a toll it took on me until i dove into the pool and started swimming with the Masters team; however it was swimming which help longate some lazy muscles and get me prepared for cycling and running again.

It is a fight though i mean you really have to make a conscious choice to get back into shape after babies. I have to say though that because i did nurse the twins for some time (longer than i thought) that really helped get the weight off initially (i dropped fast). One old man in the hospital asked me "do they have a treadmill in the maternity ward"... Thank you...that was nice...

In any case just to encourage all the moms out there and those that want to loose weight. Lately I have just made a decision on top of my normal exercise routine of swimming, running and cycling to just move a lot and also drop sugar. I've never had to take my eating to this extreme, but i'm there...I mean i am thirty four now i don't NEED sugar... I feel good....Lot's of tuna, salad, fruits, veggies...and LOTS Of moving. I don't want to be sedentary, i mean i have three kids...I've got to do it for my kids...and for me... It's a choice don't you all agree, but i tell you to all mom's out there that have child after child and get themselves back in shape so fast, "my hat goes off to you"... It is not a easy journey.

I'll post some new pictures soon...

1 comment:

HopeE said...

I totally agree! I've been able to lose between each kid ... (we'll see what happens with #4) You body really does change shape, but moving, and modifying your diet works WONDERS!!! I know how different I am after 3 separate pregnancies (and now with the 4th). I CANNOT imagine what *2* babies in there would do to you!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog