Friday, January 6, 2012

Target and Facebook Fast

Random I know...

When you want to really make a difference in your family I've found you have to take a hard core look at yourself and were you spend time as a mother.
I've found that I need to put some things aside in order to make room for other more important things
(like planning activities and actually teaching the kids something substantial).
This Christmas I spend WAY too much time and of course money at Target.
Therefore, I'm on a Target fast and it's great.

I've also found when I'm tired or just want to zone I go the facebook route.
Really.
Let's be honest...
 Facebook to me at least is a lot of comparing and bragging and really doesn't do anything for me.
So.
I'm on a facebook fast.
Sorry ahead of time to those who only connect to me through facebook.
I just need a break.
It feels good to control and not be controlled by things around me.
I have a lot more time and to be honest my thought life is better.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog