Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Exercise and I"

We go way back.
"Exercise and I"
Then I had twins.
And.
It was great when I was nursing and the pounds came of quickly, but not so good when I stopped.
Ever since then I have been trying and fighting a loosing battle of weight, hormones and ups and downs.
However, I am a "fighter" a "go getter" my husband calls me and I don't give up easily.
I've been determined this year to gain muscle and burn fat.
I have such a background in fitness and nutrition that I know what i need to do.
So starting in January I went with a new program
 (kinda forced into a new program due to loosing a long time running buddy to a move)...
Anyway.
I've been really working hard on when i go to the gym on Monday, Wed, Friday and Sat (Sat is either outside or in...)
I make it really count.
I'm talking if I do the treadmill i pump up the incline every 10 seconds all the way up to 7.0 while running 6.5 or higher speed and then ever 10 seconds take it down.  I was told this was a good idea by a trainer awhile back...and it is.  I hang on until the very end when I feel like throwing the treadmill out the window and then...
I do it all over again.
It hurts. I sweat A LOT and it's making a difference.
Not only that but i'm doing a lot of weight training and spinning.
I tell you what lately i've seen a difference in the way i feel and the way my clothing fits.
YEAH.
The other thing I've been working on is SUGAR, CARBS AND SALT.
I'm doing great and feeling good.
I read it takes 21 days to get of Carbs and they were not joking.
Press forward all those who are trying to get in shape...press forward...
You CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog