Friday, November 13, 2015

Chacala Part VI

Chacala has great food, we learned some valuable lessons about food
(besides having to go on a diet when I get home)
Here are some things we learned the restraunts at beach are good don"t get me wrong.
Yummy.
And Paul you are really right on about guacamole and they bring a bag of tortilla chips thanks to Pablo...thank you Pablo (we were told Paul usually likes extra chips).  Seriously Jason loved it but wife needs to eat veggies for months after this trip.  
So delicious. Especially with pina coladas.

What we learned is behind restraunts and off the street there are some pretty awesome places too.
Like Asadas.
The below picture is of a tortilla press.  
The green bowl Is tortilla dough. 
O my goodness so delicious and only thirteen pesos per taco.  Thirteen.  That is less than a dollar and so so SO good, but so salty so watch how much you buy.
Also if you have a sensitive stomach may want to be cautious.

This is a small grocery store.

On a side note:)
The mexican people here in Chacala are so warm and friendly.
Once I started talking with them in my (malo espanol).  They started really talking and sharing.  I can understand more than I can speak.  I had three years of spanish in college but that was twenty years ago.  I cant believe how much you remember and how quickly it comes to you when emersed in it.  Its amazing.
The biggest laugh we got was with the local lifeguard.  His facial expressions and explanations so funny.  He took the time to talk and I could really understand him.  He was a swimmer.  Very fun conversation.


No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive