Sunday, May 13, 2018

Amazing Race Downtown Twins Party

Amazing Race Twin Party
TWINS are 10 I can barely believe it!
Huge success so I thought I would do a blog post on it for memories and for others to gain ideas.
So I began my search online.
I secretly love the show "Amazing race" so I went with that theme.
I found these original envelopes so cheap on "etsy" I think it was 10 for $10 I bought $20 worth.
Great service and just adorable addition to the party.
The kids started out with a clue, a couple parents and a camera.
They had to read the first clue.  Along with the first clue was a "Gnome" the Gnome had to go with them the entire time and be included in all the pictures at each stop.
We did the race in beautiful downtown San Luis Obispo, my hometown.
 Here the girls are reading a book in "Barnes and Noble" to try and find their answer to the first clue.
 I had the chief at the local sushi place make butterflies out of carrots for one of the clues.  They had to ask for and eat the "butterfly" before getting the next clue.
Pretty cool.  I offered to pay the guy for making them and he did it for FREE.  Isn't that awesome.
So cool.
 Here are the girls with their butterflies.
 I found this really cool stairway downtown so I had the girls go to the back of the store for one of their clues. Try on a hat and sunglasses and pose a the stairs.  Just adorable.
I ended up going with the girls, my husband was with the boys.  I recommend recruited a couple other parents as well, it really helped it go smoothly.
 The girls/boys had to take turns opening an reading the clues here is one of the girls reading the clues.  Sometimes I included a little cash for the next clue.  For example below:)
 They had to go into a local candy store.  Buy a yardstick of bubble gum for the following clue.
 Here are the girls at the candy store

 In our town we have bubble gum alley.  The kids had to purchase the gum and then create a "N" for Nolan and a "T" for Taryn with the gum and stick it on bubble gum alley.  Yes that wall is all bubble gum.
 Another clue was to go to a local sock store called "Sock drawer" and ask for a pair of socks (already pre-purchased) put them on and then get their next clue from cashier.
 The girls also had to find a sparkle make up at Sephora.
Purchase it with a gift card and everyone had to wear it.
So cute.
 Running to next clue.
 Bubble High Fives at "lush" was a hoot.
 Nolan reading the clues with his buddies.
 Buying .10 lbs of candy at a local candy shop.
 Boys. SO fun
 Ending up at a local Pizza joint and having pizza and cake.
 Nolan.  So cute.
It was a HUGE success everyone had such a great time.
Highly recommend in your area.
Takes some coordination, but SO fun.
Great Twin Party.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog