Friday, January 23, 2009

January Highlights & Part I

Places I love...Part I
I decided since i'm limited on activities these days that i would document with camera and journal (not an actual journal in hand these days due to the limited amount of "free hands", but my mind) some of the places around here and elsewhere that i really enjoy seeing or being. The below is the first.
Avilia Beach with Kids
Growing up in SLO I used to think Avilia was beautiful, but the beach itself wasn't exactly my favorite beach to sit and hang out at...when i was in high school there used to be a family side and kids side and it just felt weird parking a beach towel with friends there...I really disliked going there due to all the out of towners... So... I used to only go there for bomb fires and high school events or other occasions. Now that i'm a mom i have a whole new perspective on it (plus it's been completely re-done), it's perfect for the family. Parking is easy, you can hang out at the park and just enjoy the ocean in the background, tide pools, clean beach and everything is just close so kids can enjoy it all, another plus the people are usually extremely friendly.
These are pictures of the new park they put in awhile back...
The downtown renovation
Tide pools, such a beautiful day for January
Turning 34 in SLO
Dylan and I with ice cream cake (my favorite on my birthday)
80 degree weather in SLO over Martin Luther King weekend...twins cooling off...
98 % of the time they just play by each other without bothering each other at all; it's so interesting...it's such a normal to them to be near each other...they find comfort in it.
Twins at home with Devcon overalls on...


2 comments:

Christine said...

Love Taryn's hair! She's such a ham for the camera.=)

HopeE said...

Oh my gosh! The twins are SO - SO(!!) Cute!!!! And I would love to go back and visit Avila beach -- It looks so nice now!

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive