Friday, January 2, 2009

We had to go out with a bang

We had to finish 2008 with a bang; a lot of great things have happened to our family in 2008, but in the last ten years of marriage we have never spent so much time in the doctor/hospital. We are praying 2009 we stay away from the ER a little more...sorry about all the typos i have a injured finger.
Jason and I had a bunch of fun things planned for Christmas this year. It was going to be our first year since we got married we were going to stay home. Although the house setting isn't our favorite we wanted to stay home nonetheless; so we decided to do so. The weekend before Winter break started Nolan and Taryn came down with a cold, which turned into RSV...before even this Dylan had a cold, which turned a little ugly...okay now we can move onto RSV; so the babies came down with RSV, which moved quickly into Pheumonia. While the kids were sick I was sick...as well. Christmas afternoon Taryn and I spent in the ER with a 103 fever and a chest x-ray...which led to Pheumonia. The day after Christmas Jason came down with a sinus infection...back to the doctor again...
It was crazy we went from the doctor, to the pharmacy, doctor to the pharmacy...all week. It was just crazy. No one could come on Christmas because by that time we were so contagious...
To top of the week I accidentally slammed my finger in the door going into the garage and pulled some legiment, which has to be splented on Monday.
So i've gotten a lot of comments on our Christmas cards this year. I was a little limited in time and tried my best to take photos of the kiddos. The day I took these pictures the tree had just been put up and NOlan was scared to death of it. Every time he looked at it he would start crying...three kids, one mommy and one camera makes it extremely difficult to take a photo. Next year i'll start a month in advance, but this year i'm behind in everything.

3 comments:

Mama2 said...

Your kiddos are so cute. I am so happy for you to have such a big family now. I love finding all of you on Sara's blog.

Christine said...

I am so sorry you guys were all sick. I can't believe all you have been through with illnesses. I hope and pray 2009 will be illness free for you guys!

HopeE said...

I LOVE IT! This year will definitely go down in the history books for you guys! WOWee!

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive