Tuesday, September 8, 2009

i'm going to be brave

I'm going to go out of my comfort zone and start posting how I'm doing with my exercise goals.
I didn't gain much weight after the twins, but after I stopped breast feeding I put on some weight (no one warned me about that). In any case I've gained some weight and am motivated to shed the extra pds and slim down.
so.
I've started.
Since last year I've tried swimming in the morning with the Masters team; didn't shed the fat in fact i started to feel bigger.
so
I started spinning and running; couldn't get a solid routine.
so
I talked to a trainer at the club and am just sticking with running again.
o' to start all over again
after so many miles and miles of runs with friends in bako.
o'no.
I'm going to do it though.
my goal
at least
10 pds and a couple races in the fall and spring.
I've stared eating better since weight loss is about 80% diet and 20% exercise...
(at least what i've heard)
So i went back to my discipline of 5AM (thank you Sharon & Tanya), so i can be home at the "wee" hours and get myself and the house ready for the morning rush to school.
So.
(Tip from a trainer at the gym for consistent weight loss)
At the gym I started running on the treadmill at a high speed for three minutes...then up your incline to 3 and then run for three minutes same speed just higher incline...after three minutes reduce your incline to zero and keep speed for another three...then up incline to 3.5 and keep speed and so on until you just can't stand the incline anymore.
it's awesome today i went up to 5.0 and it's making me sweat like crazy.
hopefully this along with spinning, running hills on the weekend with a friend with help shed the extra FAT!
After a couple of weeks of the above and walking Dylan to school and running with friends on Friday morning and Saturday i'm feeling SO much better and more energized. I'm not falling into the day, instead i feel prepared for it physically, emotionally and spiritually.
HERE WE GO...
I'll keep posting.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive