Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Confession of a Twin Mother

Having twins is Hard.
I said it and i feel so much better.
I love love love Nolan and Taryn (and Dylan of course).
Twins at Nineteen months entering two is tougher than i thought.
Having confessed how tough it is feels better than holding it all in.
When one has something the other wants its tough, when one falls down and is crying the other falls down and this is alllllllllllll day long...they are both trying to communicate, but just not there yet...
Then there is the "toy" issue :)
Some moms of twins say, "buy two of everything" but...they still have to learn to share even if you have "two" so i don't know if i agree.
It takes a lot of patience, a lot of time, prayer and a lot of training.
I only have two hands, i wish i had four.
When one wants up the other wants up, not all the time, but some days more than others.
Taryn and Nolan are very easy going kids for the most part, which i am o'so thankful for (please don't get me wrong all around i love and am so thankful for all our kids). "the hardest job i'll ever love"...

I need prayer for patience and lots of lots of LOVE as we are entering the "two's"
I love it and it's a ton of fun, but it is not easy.
Can you relate?

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I happened on your blog and just had to say, I can relate :) my twins are 20 months (girls) and I also have 3,5 and 7 yr olds. The Lord has been so gracious, ever providing, but it has been a really big challenge having two at a time! And, lest you think I have a greater challenge with more, I also definitely have the advantage of more helpers (my oldest two do A LOT). Just wanted to stop and encourage you and say press on!! We are certainly blessed in a unique way with twins and I am sure that we are being refined in a special way because of our unique blessing :)
The Lord bless you and give you a heart of courage to embrace the task before you.
Sincerely,
Vicki
(also, I think 18-24 months is the hardest time!- before they can communicate clearly, then, if you are consistent with training them, by two they fall into a new easier phase!)

Shelly said...

Thank you Vicki for your comment. I'm really trying hard to be consistent to train them, it's a lot of work and lots of patience.
Thank you again for your encouragement

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive