Monday, December 7, 2009

Nine day old baby

(i know i'm not the best writer, but bear with me... this post is a complete contrast from "chicken Tamales", but i feel compelled to share what God has done in a the lives of another family)
I had a first over the weekend in the midst of Christmas & birthday parties, church, errands and Christmas festivities.
Being in MOPS unites you with other women. It's been tough for me to attend all the MOPS events due to the nature of the kids and cold/flu season, but i try my best to support other women. The last couple of years we've gone through so much i definitely think God has made me softer and more sensitive to the needs of others (at least i hope so).
Anyway, it's not about me, but a mother who attends MOPS.
A mother in MOPS just lost her adorable, precious nine day old baby.
The family requested the support of MOPS women at the service so i went to support, i wish i could of helped out more.
What a tragedy. I can't even imagine, but i was touched by the service and the strength of the family in ways i've never been before. I'm sure many people were.
Their daughter Caroline was beautiful and they didn't even know until she was born that anything was wrong, but one thing after another went wrong internally.
I can't imagine.
The strength the mother and father had standing in front of a large amount of people was beyond them.
God was definitely helping them through this service and tragedy to trust Him, lean on Him, have Faith strength and to be encouraged.
It was amazing to see God's hand so clearly in their lives.
God is using the family and this tragedy to draw people to Himself and it was so awesome to see the family allow God to do what He needed to do.
They sang the old hymn "It is well" which sums it up so well :)
"When peace, like a river, attendth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows rolls
Whatever my lot. Thou has taught me to say.
It is well. It is well, with my soul....
And the Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight.
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll:
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend.
Even so, it is well with my soul."
A word from the Father:)
Today Caroline is with her Lord and my Lord.
Last night at around 1 AM, I held her, as she went from our ever so limited four dimensional space, to the multidimensionality of eternal life where there are more colors, more sounds, more tastes, more senses and everything is so far far more wonderful that this dim world pales in comparison. Tis truly a far better place that she is now. She was barely 9 days old.
We praise God in all He has given us. We do miss her greatly, but do not mourn for us or for her. Mourn instead for those who do not know our Lord and lead them gently to Him.
Use words.....

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog

Blog Archive