Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mom Adventure

So today
I decided to take the kids on an adventure.
(to be really really honest here, i love taking the kids on adventures, but I usually do a little research and a BIG prayer in the morning)
I'd been wanting to go berry picking all summer and knowing it was the end of the season I had to just give it a shot.
We were waiting for a good time for our whole family to go, but every weekend was filled with something.
So since school starts next week I decided I would just take the kids on an adventure over to the coast (hoping to find some berries at a U-pick).
So traveled up highway 1 pretty far
and
found this beautiful beach, but no berries.
 Just beautiful.
We got lost a couple of times, but eventually...and then three farms later
 we discovered
Just a perfect place to take kids.
The kids below before their buckets were filled.

 Picking, so much fun, highly recommend.


 Breathtaking.
 I just love FARMS.
Would love to live, work  and raise kids on one.
 Dylan was really into it he didn't want to leave, but I couldn't take home any more strawberries.  We filled up three buckets to overflowing... I had to make jam now...which will be in my next post...Never done it and it was so fun.


 Cute kid.
 Nolan's bucket was low so Dylan filled it up more
and then he got to pick more. 
Too funny.

 She loved it as well.
 Nolan bless his heart fell asleep on the way to the farm and woke up to the farm and he's the one who wanted to do it the most!  Took awhile to wake up...
 They have a playground and eating area for afterwards.
You can buy fresh pies and treats. 
We bought Jason a fresh (still warm) apple pie.
 Love the sign on the way out.
Just a great day to have before the beginning of the school routine, which I like, but dread at the same time.
Love days like this.
Next post is all about our jam making. 
Dylan chopped and chopped strawberries for me it was just a blast in the kitchen with the kids.
This is one day I have loved and it wasn't perfectly planned, at a amusement park, nor cost a lot of money (although I did get lost a bit and three farms later, so a little gas and a whole lot of strawberries and lots of fun and LOVE!!!)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

May 2015

Since we are going through Proverbs as a family my latest favorite is and this is the NIV Adventure Bible.

"My son, hold on to good sense and the understanding of what is right. Don't let them out of your sight. They will be life for you. They will be like a gracious necklace around your neck. Then you will go on your way in safety. You will not trip and fall, When you lie down you won't be afraid When you lie down you will sleep soundly."

Proverbs 3: 21-24
NIV Adventure Bible

Search This Blog